CALVARY CHAPEL PALM DESERT is a fellowship of believers in the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Our greatest desire is to know Christ and be conformed to His image by the power of the Holy Spirit.
* the true basis of Christian fellowship is God's love, which is greater than our differences. Without His love, we have no right to say we are Christians.
* the worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible so the Holy Spirit may direct our worship.
the worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give a great place to music in our worship.
* the worship of God should be intelligent. Therefore, in our services, we emphasize Bible teaching so that God may instruct us how He would be worshiped.
* the worship of God is fruitful. Therefore, we look for His love in our lives as the greatest evidence that we are truly worshiping Him.
* that the Lord Jesus Christ validated the ordinance of marriage. Matthew 19: 4-5 John 2:1-11
* The incorporation of humanistic and secular psychology and philosophy into Biblical teaching.
* "Positive Confession", the faith movement belief that God can be commanded to work miracles according to man's will.
* Human prophecy that supersedes the Scripture.
* The overempahasis of spiritual gifts, experiential signs and wonders to the exclusion of Biblical teaching. In our services, we focus on a personal relationship with God through worship, prayer, and the teaching of the Word of God.
* "5 point Calvinism"; a fatalistic Calvinistic view that leaves no room for free will. Specifically, we reject the belief that Jesus' atonement was limited. Instead we believe that He died for all people and we reject the assertion that God's wooing grace cannot be resisted or that He has elected some people to go to hell.
* We are not a denominational church, nor are we opposed to denominations, as such. We are opposed only to the emphasis of non-biblical teachings that divide the Body of Christ.
* Teach both expositorily and topically, chapter by chapter, verse by verse through the Word of God.
* Do not allow speaking in tongues loudly during services, nor prophecy while a Bible study is in progress because we do not believe that the Holy Spirit would interrupt Himself.